The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   NCRS Shipping Records for Camaro, Chevelle, Nova (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125604)

Drew Papsun 01-17-2014 12:20 AM

NCRS Shipping Records for Camaro, Chevelle, Nova

1965-1972 Chevrolet Historical Document Services

National Corvette Restorers Society is pleased to announce that we can now provide certain information for model years 1965 through 1972 for Camaro, Chevelle and Nova through the efforts of the NCRS and permission granted by General Motors. We believe our fellow hobbyists and car clubs have desired this information since it became available for Corvettes several years ago.

The information consists of the dealer code, dealer name, dealer location and the production date the car was produced. The good news is this may allow you to find the original dealer where your Chevrolet Camaro, Chevelle or Nova was shipped and possibly open the door to finding more information about your Chevrolet.

A Camaro, Chevelle or Nova Shipping Data Report can be ordered only online. Membership in NCRS is not required. The fee will be $50 payable by credit card or PayPal. You will receive via USPS a letter with the information which includes the NCRS official seal. In limited cases the dealer code is not available or readable and in this case a full refund will be made.

This service will begin during the second quarter of 2014, at: www.chevymuscledocs.com

This is a big help.
Regards,
Drew Papsun

the427king 01-17-2014 12:51 AM

Re: NCRS Shipping Records for Camaro, Chevelle, Nova

Drew, thats really great news and long overdue . It will be interesting to see how many cars have "dealer invoices" and protecto plates from the wrong dealer.

rare4k 01-17-2014 01:30 AM

great news

Verne_Frantz 01-17-2014 02:16 AM

Yes, great news for some, but my cars (58-64 fullsize) are still left in the dust [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Verne [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/cry.gif[/img]

MosportGreen66 01-17-2014 02:44 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the427king</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Drew, thats really great news and long overdue . It will be interesting to see how many cars have &quot;dealer invoices&quot; and protecto plates from the wrong dealer. </div></div>

Chuck, this report ONLY shows the original dealer who either ordered the the car or where it was first delivered. This report does NOT state the dealer who sold the car.

My Mosport '66 was sold from Hal Watkins Chevrolet (according to the POP) but ordered to Beach City Chevrolet (according to the NCRS report). We suspect it was a dealer swap.

Dan

442w30 01-17-2014 03:52 AM

Drew, I used to live in SoNo. Did you ever go to the Cow Pasture shows?

Drew Papsun 01-17-2014 11:19 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 442w30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Drew, I used to live in SoNo. Did you ever go to the Cow Pasture shows? </div></div>

Hello Diego,
The show and swap meet are in April. The group that runs the show donates to a local charity.
It is a nice setting out in the park field down by the beach over looking Long Island Sound.
The Calif Pasture in a local park to the residents of Norwalk, CT.
Regards,
Drew Papsun

Paul_S 01-18-2014 02:51 AM

That's great! ...but why limited to those three cars and the short year span?

Paul

twertsy 01-18-2014 02:43 PM

I can't for the life of me figure out why they won't release their records. We know they have millions of boxes of paper records in warehouses. I just don't get it. I've looked at it 1,000 different ways and can't figure out what the issue could possibly be?? The potential revenue for Chevrolet from such a release is astounding. I for one would pay 3, 4, $500 for &quot;as built&quot; documentation on a high-end collectible car, as I'm sure many would.

hiperf406 01-29-2014 04:24 AM

I don't know why GM won't make US records available if they actually have them. GM Canada has been doing it for years &amp; it is a real handy feature to prove authenticity of cars sold in Canada.