The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Ebay & other seen ads section (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Red on Black ‘65 Z16 Chevelle on BaT (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178405)

tom406 03-21-2024 05:34 PM

Red on Black ‘65 Z16 Chevelle on BaT

1 Attachment(s)
Former raffle car
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-malibu-ss-47/

bergy 03-21-2024 11:39 PM

Somebody got a little carried away adding broach marks :-)

iluv69s 03-22-2024 12:43 PM

Might have done better on the restamp for a potential 6 figure vehicle

Too Many Projects 03-22-2024 01:24 PM

I don't see any reference to the engine being an original or attempt to pass it off as such. Granted, there is no more info about where the engine came from, but the description states an L78, which was never in a Z16 and owner states the block has been restamped.
Much discussion about other Z16's in there as well as about the car for sale. Jeff has verified the car as an original Z16 but the engine is a replacement.
If bidders bother to read his dialog, they should not be fooled into believing it's the original engine and bid as such. Still, after the 92k totaled WS6 that just sold, this may go for 225k in this insane culture of "must have, at all costs" collector car world.

SuperNovaSS 03-22-2024 02:00 PM

The caption below the pad clearly states it’s a restamp.

Jason

jeffschevelle 03-22-2024 02:56 PM

Anyone interested about the engine, scroll to the bottom of the comments and click the "Show More" button, then scroll down to my "Mar 17 at 8:54 PM" post.

It's a real Z16 block from another real Z16, that a prior owner restamped not once, but twice. Then the original car that the block came from surfaced -- an immaculate original paint, v-top and interior car, just had the wrong engine and trans in it. What a shame ......

Too Many Projects 03-22-2024 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffschevelle (Post 1646594)
Anyone interested about the engine, scroll to the bottom of the comments and click the "Show More" button, then scroll down to my "Mar 17 at 8:54 PM" post.

It's a real Z16 block from another real Z16, that a prior owner restamped not once, but twice. Then the original car that the block came from surfaced -- an immaculate original paint, v-top and interior car, just had the wrong engine and trans in it. What a shame ......

OK I didn't get that out of the description. The description should state it's an original L37, not an L78. Wouldn't that have a significant effect on the value ?
Is the original car to the engine one of the dealer swaps talked about in the sale thread ?

bergy 03-22-2024 03:44 PM

Yes - saw all of that. No big deal. It was all disclosed. I was just commenting on the awful attempt at adding "broach marks". Kind of humorous (to me at least). If you've ever watched one of these huge progressive broaches in action, you'd understand how comical that pad is.

jeffschevelle 03-22-2024 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Too Many Projects (Post 1646598)
OK I didn't get that out of the description. The description should state it's an original L37, not an L78. Wouldn't that have a significant effect on the value ?

The seller does not know a lot about Z16's in general. BAT had it as L37 and the Seller mistakenly told them to change it to L78 before the auction went live. Not sure why they haven't fixed it yet though. The correct info about L37 is at the bottom of that long post I made.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Too Many Projects (Post 1646598)
Is the original car to the engine one of the dealer swaps talked about in the sale thread ?

No, unrelated to the Huffman Chevrolet Malibu SS story. Original car to the engine was sold new on the west coast.

iluv69s 03-22-2024 08:50 PM

What ashame about this engine. If I bought the car, I would pull the motor and sell the block to the owner of the original car. Then find another block. Any other block ��*��