The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   1969 Chevelle supercar production question (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=172759)

ryanchevelle 08-11-2022 11:38 PM

1969 Chevelle supercar production question

I am the owner of the special paint 1969 copo chevelle that a few members here have previously owned. It’s the last car listed on the 6th page and was sold new at The Westminister Motor Co., Westminster, MD. After reviewing the registry I don’t see any other car listed with special paint outside of this car. Are there any other special paint 69 chevelle super cars known? I know the 76 yellow and 72 orange cars had to be ordered on a copo but I’m asking specifically about cars that were painted a color not available on a 1969 chevelle. This forum is a great resource.

Ryan1969Chevelle 08-12-2022 12:58 AM

Hmmm good question…. I can’t think of any….

Ryan W31

442w30 08-12-2022 05:51 AM

What color is it?

JoeC 08-12-2022 12:26 PM

If there is a dash on the trim tag in the paint code field, it could be hard to tell the original color on a restored car.
Some cars may have been restored to Monaco Orange or Daytona Yellow but were a different color originally

mprice 08-12-2022 01:36 PM

Is your copo Chevelle painted red? I used to own a paint delete copo Chevelle that sold new at that dealership. I restored the car. That is the only paint delete copo Chevelle I have seen.

olredalert 08-12-2022 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanchevelle (Post 1597903)
I am the owner of the special paint 1969 copo chevelle that a few members here have previously owned. It’s the last car listed on the 6th page and was sold new at The Westminister Motor Co., Westminster, MD. After reviewing the registry I don’t see any other car listed with special paint outside of this car. Are there any other special paint 69 chevelle super cars known? I know the 76 yellow and 72 orange cars had to be ordered on a copo but I’m asking specifically about cars that were painted a color not available on a 1969 chevelle. This forum is a great resource.

----Ryan,,,mprice (Mick) is the fella responsible for the great resto on your COPO. I was just one of the lucky ones who owned it for a relatively short time. I believe your car was 69 Corvette Riverside Gold or something close to it (possibly a similar Cadillac color).. If not for the chance to buy back a very important Corvette in my life I would probably still have your car, but I know it's in very good hands now!....Bill S

carnut4life 08-12-2022 02:29 PM

Here's a link Steve posted when Corvette Mike had it for sale.

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthre...=COPO+Chevelle

Beautiful car Ryan, congratulations!

mprice 08-12-2022 02:52 PM

That is correct the car originally was Corvette riverside gold with a white vinyl top. I just couldn't bring myself to make it gold with white top. We could debate for ever if that was a bad decision or not but I didn't regret it. Its a great car.

ryanchevelle 08-12-2022 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mprice (Post 1597938)
Is your copo Chevelle painted red? I used to own a paint delete copo Chevelle that sold new at that dealership. I restored the car. That is the only paint delete copo Chevelle I have seen.

Yea it’s your old car. I’ve been meaning to reach out to learn more about it. The paint delete was a huge factor in me wanting to own it. If you don’t mind private message me your number I’d love to talk about the car.

To the forum members. I’m still curious to know if its the only documented special paint copo chevelle that’s currently known.

ruralrte66 08-12-2022 08:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a 9566AA COPO that has - B for the paint code. When I bought it in 1984 it was Daytona Yellow and still is. On the build sheet it has ZP3 SPEC PAINT and 1001HA. In the 44 color box, it is hand written a - B. I have never really looked for any marking on the firewall . I took the gas tank out and it has yellow overspray on the bottom side of the truck pan.

Gregg