The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Looking for my dad's 1967 Z28 (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178010)

jthomas 02-07-2024 12:47 AM

Looking for my dad's 1967 Z28

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

I am new to this forum so I apologize if this thread is not posted in the correct place. If not, please let me know which forum would be the best match for what I am looking for. My dad recently passed from complications from Agent Orange and I was looking for info on his car. He came back from Vietnam around 1969 and purchased a used 1967 RS SS (Z28). He lived near Reading, Pa. He sold it sometime before Sept. of 1972. I believe the car was either Nantucket Blue Poly or Emerald Turquoise, with black stripes and a black vinyl, 302, 4 speed, black interior. I do not know the VIN number or any other information. His name was Robert Thomas Jr. I have no idea how many cars with that description were made but I can't image too many. I only have one picture of my parents and the car so it's hard to tell the color.

Attachment 255407

bugsy 02-07-2024 01:10 AM

very sorry to hear about your fathers passing. i live near Reading Pa and lived here most of my life. your fathers name doesnt sound familiar. vin# would have been helpful. hopefully someone else on this site may have some input. Marshall chevrolet was a big high performance dealer back in the day. keep searching best wishes.

Pro Stock John 02-07-2024 01:11 AM

I would send a message to Wes "Lost Muscle Cars" on FB and ask him to post.

AnthonyS 02-07-2024 01:16 AM

^ YES, that! They often seem to be able to track cars down by the stories they post... good luck.

And sorry for your loss too.

PeteLeathersac 02-07-2024 02:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Sorry to hear of your father’s passing also sincere thank you for his service.:flag:
Do you know his old Phone # from back then also are you sure the car was sold before September ‘72?
Here’s a couple Old PA Newspaper Ads for ‘67 Z-28’s below, most interesting is the Dec. ‘72 Intelligencer Journal Ad with 4:88’s noted being it’s from Lancaster PA, about a half hour from Reading?
I second joining up w/ the Lost Musclecars FB group also wish you best of luck w/ your quest!
:beers:
~ Pete

L72copocamaro 02-07-2024 04:08 AM

Condolences for your loss and much appreciation for your fathers service to our country.

As far as the car you posted, you refer to it as a "RS SS (Z28)". I don't see a hood louver so I'd rule out SS. I see what looks like a hubcap on the left front and the hood stripe looks like it is painted through the emblem instead of around it. Those would be inconsistent with a Z28.

Of course things could have been changed out because of an accident or whatever. Best of luck locating it as I'm sure it would be a treasured piece of your family history.

jthomas 02-07-2024 11:39 AM

You are probably right on the SS part. I believe the "hubcap" to be a rally cap sticking out but I could be wrong.

Camaro Dave 02-07-2024 01:29 PM

Sorry for your loss.

In the picture it looks like it has a fender emblem? It's hard to tell from the picture you posted? 67 wouldn't have a Z/28 emblem? It does look like a 1967 round side mirror, otherwise could it be a 1968 Z/28? Do you have any other pictures of the car?

I would post it on "Lost Muscle Cars" like mentioned

jthomas 02-07-2024 02:03 PM

No other pictures. Did a 67 RS have an RS emblem on the fender?

big gear head 02-07-2024 02:07 PM

That's a RS emblem on the fender. You could not get SS and Z28 on the same car. This looks like a RS Z28 to me.