The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Tesla Plaid drag race (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=168251)

Lynn 08-03-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Pritchard (Post 1557560)
Yeah, it's fast....but the almost complete absence of sound doesn't cut it for me :dunno:

I am guessing that the first equestrian rider to lose a race to an automobile complained that the auto didn't make horse hoof sounds.

Pretty darn sure that even Bill would get used to the silence after nailing that pedal on the right a few times. We all resist change. Human nature. To me, fast is fast. If they can make it handle well (I don't know) in the twisties, I am in.

markinnaples 08-03-2021 03:12 PM

Meh. Not sure what I think of EV's to be honest. I think there is potential, but I hate the lies that underlie the entire deal. The electric to charge them has to come from somewhere and the belief that they're so much better than ICE vehicles when factored from the materials and the needed electricity over time just annoys me.
Maybe if they were put on a fair and level plane with ICE vehicles, I'd appreciate them more. I also am not a fan of the range situation and definitely suffer from range anxiety. The synthetic fuel idea that Porsche is exploring is another alternative that is very intriguing.

jdv69z 08-03-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn (Post 1557620)
I am guessing that the first equestrian rider to lose a race to an automobile complained that the auto didn't make horse hoof sounds.

Pretty darn sure that even Bill would get used to the silence after nailing that pedal on the right a few times. We all resist change. Human nature. To me, fast is fast. If they can make it handle well (I don't know) in the twisties, I am in.

And lots of people still like riding horses.

Tenney 08-03-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn (Post 1557620)

It does make the coconut sounds from Monty Python and the Holy Grail upon request, Lynn, and the horn offers a variety of farts, if you want. Figure Elon's a one-man focus group back at the plant?

Plaid's pretty much your girlfriend's dad's New Yorker (if it also raided the liquor cabinet).

Pro Stock John 08-03-2021 10:03 PM

9.08 I think the the current best for a Plaid.

I'm not a fan of the bland styling of Teslas, but it's pretty amazing what sort of power this model can make. Taycan is much cooler looking, and 10.20's is badass... Too bad this model Taycan is over $200K.

Lynn 08-03-2021 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdv69z (Post 1557657)
And lots of people still like riding horses.

I like riding horses. I wouldn't dream of commuting to work via horseback.

flyingn 08-03-2021 10:41 PM

sorry. Teslas are butt ugly and boring to watch

markjohnson 08-07-2021 03:40 AM

We now live in the realm of showroom-stock vehicles that require an NHRA-mandated parachute. Never thought I’d live to see the day but then again I’m a dinosaur that will always have one foot in the past with difficulty accepting new technology. How long before an AARP member drives one of these off the dealer lot straight to an NHRA National Event and qualifies for Super Comp’s 8.90 index class?

njsteve 08-07-2021 01:00 PM

I see a niche here boys...and we are the exact SOB's to do it:

NHRAARP here we come!!!

Too Many Projects 08-07-2021 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njsteve (Post 1558159)
I see a niche here boys...and we are the exact SOB's to do it:

NHRAARP here we come!!!

I might give it a try. Would be fun to slam thru the gears with that much torque...:laugh: