The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Florida vacations spots? (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177086)

Zedder 10-23-2023 04:06 PM

Florida vacations spots?

We are long overdue for a family vacation and are thinking about Florida next year (me, my wife, our 2 kids and their boyfriend/girlfriend all 22-25 years old). We typically have gone to the Treasure Island area, but the kids want to try somewhere else for a change. Any suggestions? Looking at booking 3 condos/hotel suites so everyone has their own space when they want. Location and condo recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

oldstv 10-23-2023 05:41 PM

Two areas that I visit are Panama City and Daytona Beach. Both have plenty to do and day trips with a variety of things to see. Daytona probably has the most to see outside of the beach, St Augustine to the north and the space coast to the south. Can't help you on condo recommendations though.

Too Many Projects 10-23-2023 05:41 PM

Hard to beat Key West for a week of entertainment. We always stay in B&B's and once we get there and park the car, we rent bikes to get around. The traffic is gridlock much of the time and parking is at a premium, so we zoom on by on the bikes. Plenty of scooter rentals too, if power is your preferred mode. Plenty of things to see and do there too.
We spent 2 weeks in Sarasota 2 yrs ago and there is plenty to keep busy with there too, but way overcrowded and noisy for a country couple. We rented a home thru VRBO, so no help with a condo.
We are going back to Homosassa next Feb. I prefer the more quiet and layed back atmosphere, but the wife misses direct access to the gulf. Bit of a drive south to find that, if desired. Again, VRBO rentals.

markinnaples 10-23-2023 07:35 PM

Having lived in SW FL for the past 25 years, I know a little about some of the place. What, exactly, would you like to do while here? Boating? Golfing? Attractions? Quiet or active? I may be able to give you a little information if you'd like.

Zedder 10-23-2023 07:44 PM

Thanks Guys!

Mark, for my wife and I, beach, restaurants, a little shopping maybe. The kids will want to go to some attractions and activities, but they can drive a couple of hours if necessary. Just your typical week in the Sun vacation. Thanks!

Charley Lillard 10-23-2023 08:13 PM

For the best beaching try Roatan Honduras....

markinnaples 10-23-2023 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedder (Post 1635180)
Thanks Guys!

Mark, for my wife and I, beach, restaurants, a little shopping maybe. The kids will want to go to some attractions and activities, but they can drive a couple of hours if necessary. Just your typical week in the Sun vacation. Thanks!

I would say for you and your wife, Naples is awesome, and if you include the facts that Marco Island is right next door and Sanibel and Captiva are within an hour drive, you get great beaches and restaurants, not to mention the amazing car museum, The Revs Institute, located in the middle of Naples. For the kids, it's a little less exciting, lol, however there are some water parks not too far, and an airboat ride through the everglades is always a pretty cool experience. You can also rent a boat and go out to Keewadin or one of the other islands that are a lot of fun.

R68GTO 10-23-2023 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markinnaples (Post 1635190)
I would say for you and your wife, Naples is awesome, and if you include the facts that Marco Island is right next door and Sanibel and Captiva are within an hour drive, you get great beaches and restaurants, not to mention the amazing car museum, The Revs Institute, located in the middle of Naples. For the kids, it's a little less exciting, lol, however there are some water parks not too far, and an airboat ride through the everglades is always a pretty cool experience. You can also rent a boat and go out to Keewadin or one of the other islands that are a lot of fun.

Agree. We went to Marco last year with my daughter and son-in-law (27 yr olds) and had a great time. Rented a boat and spent the day on Keewadin - it was the best part of our trip.

Zedder 10-24-2023 11:17 PM

Thanks guys…took a quick look and Naples looks nice. Need to do some hotel research…

WILMASBOYL78 10-25-2023 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markinnaples (Post 1635190)

Sanibel and Captiva were hit hard from the hurricane...it will be a few years before they are back on track. Ft. Meyers beach was also impacted....

Sarasota area is really nice...good combo of beach, ocean, inter-coastal and mainland options.

-wilma