The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical & Restoration (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   ----Ceramic Stuff---- (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=164825)

olredalert 12-29-2020 09:09 PM

----Ceramic Stuff----

----I'm imagining that like myself you all have seen the adds for ceramic stuff for paint. At 1st I figured probably somewhat of a scam. But after reading more and more adds from different companies (some well known ones) I made the plunge and ordered some stuff called "Nexgen". I have to say that I am super pleased! Went on very easily. No fuss at all and particularly on darker color cars the depth and clarity added is really something, just short of amazing. Just the feel when passing your hand over the paint is special. I went right off the diving board into the deep end of the pool and have done 5 cars already. I'm sold!!! Do your homework as there are several brands out there, but try it,,,I think most will like this stuff.......Bill S

TimG 12-29-2020 09:27 PM

Bill, that's cool. I don't know that I'm familiar with it at all. I'll look for the product.
I wax my car every other month (the driver cars).

1BADZ28 12-29-2020 10:27 PM

Ceramic Coatings

Hey Bill
I have applied a Ceramic coating to eight cars in the last 2 years. The first was a Porsche GT3 and I was sold on coatings from the start. My current driver is a 2020 Laguna Seca Blue BMW M4 and it looks great. A coated car stays cleaner longer, shines great and the water beads and rolls off like crazy. Coatings are time consuming to apply but last a lot longer than waxes. I'm done with wax...However, If I ever locate and purchase a 69 Z/28 I believe I will have to wax it. I don't think you can apply ceramic coatings on older muscle car paints....Ron

NorCam 12-30-2020 01:21 PM

Bill...what brand did you use. I've been contemplating using Wizard's Nano Ceramic products since I already use their other products.

Any pics?

Charley Lillard 12-30-2020 01:31 PM

I use it also but comments from a pro is it can give the car a plastic look. Hard to explain I tend to agree with him.

olredalert 12-30-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCam (Post 1529358)
Bill...what brand did you use. I've been contemplating using Wizard's Nano Ceramic products since I already use their other products.

Any pics?

----"Nexgen" ......Bill S

Xplantdad 12-30-2020 06:37 PM

And for the folks who live in snowy areas.... :biggthumpup:

68camaroz28 12-30-2020 06:39 PM

I’ve done five cars with AvalonKing Ceramic coating but on our daily drivers and newer toys, not on any of our old stuff. Not difficult but much time in prep prior to coatings.

olredalert 12-30-2020 08:50 PM

----I've done both our Corvettes and they are both painted in lacquer. Our 66 was painted in 1998 and this stuff really brought the depth up a bit!.....Bill S

Crush 12-30-2020 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by olredalert (Post 1529457)
----I've done both our Corvettes and they are both painted in lacquer. Our 66 was painted in 1998 and this stuff really brought the depth up a bit!.....Bill S

Did you use this?