The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Ocala House fire kills LoSapio brother and 2 Muscle Cars. (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=163794)

wheelhop 10-26-2020 10:58 PM

Ocala House fire kills LoSapio brother and 2 Muscle Cars.

Muscle car enthusiasts, the Losapio brothers, and Supercar Reunion attendees lost their brother Stevey and their prized possesions- a 1970 L78 Nova and a 1971 Chevelle SS.

wheelhop 10-26-2020 11:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here are some photos I hope I can attach to this thread:

wheelhop 10-26-2020 11:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
More:

wheelhop 10-26-2020 11:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A few more:

Lynn 10-26-2020 11:13 PM

Holy crap. Tragic.

wheelhop 10-26-2020 11:20 PM

There was 3 LoSapio brothers who lived at this house in Ocala Florida and another brother Jeff lives in Ocala a few miles away. Unfortunately, their brother Stevey was home and most likely fell asleep while smoking and caught the house on fire. The fire department came and pulled Stevey's body (pronounced dead at scene) out of the house and extinguished the blaze leaving most of the house and garage intact (cars in garage were ok). The Fire Department closed the house and garage up and asked the brothers to leave. The fire re-ignited later and completely destroyed everything that was left including the two muscle cars in the garage.

Mr. Chevy 10-26-2020 11:35 PM

WOW. That is horrible. My thoughts and prayers are with Jeff, his son and family.

Rich

Copo_Cartel 10-26-2020 11:47 PM

Sad to hear. I am so sorry for the entire family. We need to help if possible. A little will go a long way.

wheelhop 10-26-2020 11:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of Butchey, Johnny and Jeff and Jeff's son in the Holiday Inn parking lot for a Saturday evening BBQ in Bowling Green, KY after most attendees of SCR had already headed home.

Postsedan 10-27-2020 12:05 AM

OMG....SUCH TERRIBLE NEWS.

I will contact Jeff immediately.....My deepest condolences to the Losapio Family.

So sad.

Dan

hurstL78 10-27-2020 12:14 AM

https://www.ocala.com/story/news/loc...re/6027111002/

ORIGLS6 10-27-2020 12:14 AM

I'm sure the cars are the last things on their minds right now. Devastating news. Prayers for the family.

Xplantdad 10-27-2020 12:22 AM

Wow...just wow. That's horrible. Prayers for the family

Copo_Cartel 10-27-2020 12:28 AM

I spoke with the members of the SCR family ...And we are ready to donate to the family...please provide us with the information they are in our hearts and our prayers

hurstL78 10-27-2020 12:28 AM

Prayers for all involved. I’ve got to be really close to this family the past few years. Such a devastating loss. Words of encouragement through this horrible time.

wheelhop 10-27-2020 12:44 AM

The LoSapio's are a great family and I will be speaking with them on how to proceed. This just happened over the weekend and I want to give them some time to grieve and bury their brother Stevey. I will keep everyone updated on how to help and thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

wheelhop 10-27-2020 12:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
another pic at Saturday nite SCR BBQ (Johnny LoSapio)

Damien 10-27-2020 01:31 AM

Tragic. Condolences to the family.

LS6M22410 10-27-2020 04:21 AM

Thank You Jim for starting this post.

On behalf of our Family I want send our Appreciation and Gratitude to You All for the kind words, prayers, and gestures. Uncle Steve was a big car enthusiast and inspiration to me growing up as with the rest of his brothers.. Actually I rarely ever thought of them as my Uncles as they were all close enough in age to me they felt more like Brothers. The remaining siblings of Steve include sister Josephine and brothers Gary, Butch, John, and Jeff. This is a very challenging time for us and a lot to process. As the investigation reports come in and we try and wrap our heads around the situation I will keep you all posted for those who would like to help.

It is hard to believe that something like this tragedy would ever hit home. My 2 surviving Uncles John and Butch that lived with Steve not only lost their Brother and best friend but as you look at the photos they have lost Every Thing… It’s a saying we may take for granted and think could never be something that would actually happen but unfortunately in this instance has become the shocking truth. They have had to walk away with absolutely “nothing but the clothes on their backs”. As I visited the site of what was left of their home It was like nothing I could ever imagine.

We come from a Faithful Italian Family (currently spanning from South Florida, Georgia, to upstate NY) and have close friends like yourselves throughout Muscle Car world spanning much further. As we try to make sense of it we have a lot of emotion, processing, and healing to begin sorting through in the days, weeks, and months ahead. Again, I can’t express how much it means to have the Love and Support of you All…

Rest In Peace Uncle Stevie… I know your hands are on the wheel now with the Lord and Cruising with the Angels.

mssl72 10-27-2020 06:59 AM

My condolences and prayers.

69M22Z 10-27-2020 10:39 AM

Condolences and prayers to you and your family.
Tom

Too Many Projects 10-27-2020 12:29 PM

Is there a way to donate yet ? A link to an account ?

PeteLeathersac 10-27-2020 12:35 PM

'

Thoughts and prayers to your family also everyone here who lost their friend.
~ Pete

Steve Shauger 10-27-2020 03:51 PM

This is just a horrible tragedy...My deepest condolences to the Losapio family.

L78M22Rag 10-27-2020 04:12 PM

Thanks for sharing this Jim. This was a difficult thread to read, and I've never even met the Losapio family. My deepest condolences go out to the family, and those of you who've lost your good friend Stevey.

L78_Nova 10-27-2020 04:40 PM

Very tragic, Condolences to the family and friends.

dykstra 10-28-2020 11:32 AM

Condolences to family and friends. So very sorry to hear of this.

BCreekDave 10-28-2020 01:23 PM

This sure brings back memories, and not good ones. My deepest condolences to the family.

Been through this myself, although I didn't lose a family member, unless you consider two Golden Retrievers. I can't imagine the grief of losing a family member.

Everything I owned in the back of a Chevy Blazer, and some of that we threw out due to smell.

My house reignited also. Fortunately I had very attentive neighbors that called the fire department and it didn't spread very far.

You get through these things, but they do fundamentally change you. You can't help it.

XXXGoldL34M20 10-28-2020 07:06 PM

My deepest condolences for this tragedy.
Great bunch of brothers.

dustinm 10-28-2020 07:35 PM

My deepest sympathies to the family and friends also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCreekDave (Post 1519979)
This sure brings back memories, and not good ones. My deepest condolences to the family.

Been through this myself, although I didn't lose a family member, unless you consider two Golden Retrievers. I can't imagine the grief of losing a family member.

Everything I owned in the back of a Chevy Blazer, and some of that we threw out due to smell.

My house reignited also. Fortunately I had very attentive neighbors that called the fire department and it didn't spread very far.

You get through these things, but they do fundamentally change you. You can't help it.

I would like to add this also happened to a good friends of ours. House/business caught fire. Everyone was ok, they spent the night with family after it was out and the fire dept told them to leave. Sometime in the night the fire came back and burnt everything to their name including family photos. They ended up living in a relatives RV on the property that summer while we rebuilt the shop and then built a house separate. I guess this must happen more than one thinks.

SS427 10-28-2020 08:01 PM

Our sincere condolences to Jeff and his entire family. Such a tragedy.

Too Many Projects 10-28-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustinm (Post 1520007)
My deepest sympathies to the family and friends also.

I would like to add this also happened to a good friends of ours. House/business caught fire. Everyone was ok, they spent the night with family after it was out and the fire dept told them to leave. Sometime in the night the fire came back and burnt everything to their name including family photos. They ended up living in a relatives RV on the property that summer while we rebuilt the shop and then built a house separate. I guess this must happen more than one thinks.

And it is absolutely inexcusable !!! I know 2 families who lost everything because the fire dept failed to make certain the fire was out and leave a person there to watch for an extended time. Both re-ignited some time later and burned the homes to the foundations.
Reading that the 2 surviving brothers not only lost their brother, but then everything they owned because of the failure of the fire dept, just sets me off.

wheelhop 10-29-2020 12:08 AM

I spoke with Jeff LoSapio today and he said the fire investigators stayed at the house doing their "detective" work until 4 AM and then left. The neighbor said the house was ablaze again and heard loud explosions between 4:30 and 5 AM. Sounds fishy to me.

LS6M22410 10-31-2020 12:17 AM

Hello All,

Quick Update... The Family is working together to finalize the Go Fund me page and should have it completed shortly. Thanks again for your support!

wheelhop 10-31-2020 03:05 PM

I understand there may be fees involved of 8 to 10 % that G0-Fund Me takes-so
for those of you who would like to send money directly to the LoSapio brothers they are currently living with their brother Jeff at address below:

send to:

Johnny LoSapio
11578 SW 50th Circle
Ocala, FL 34476

Thanks again and RIP brother Stevie.

LS6M22410 11-01-2020 02:50 PM

Good Morning,

Please see the attached link for the Go Fund Me Page...

https://gf.me/u/y63zjx

<div class="gfm-embed" data-url="https://www.gofundme.com/f/losapio-brothers-house-fire/widget/large/"></div><script defer src="https://www.gofundme.com/static/js/embed.js"></script>

Thank You All!

southernfriedcj 11-06-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Too Many Projects (Post 1520039)
And it is absolutely inexcusable !!! I know 2 families who lost everything because the fire dept failed to make certain the fire was out and leave a person there to watch for an extended time. Both re-ignited some time later and burned the homes to the foundations.
Reading that the 2 surviving brothers not only lost their brother, but then everything they owned because of the failure of the fire dept, just sets me off.

Rest in peace to the gentleman that was lost.

As far as the rekindle goes, I would wait for the report before passing judgment.

I was a firefighter in the ghetto in Atlanta. We ran about 120 structure fire per year(not counting cars, dumpsters, grass, structures we pulled boosters[the red rubber hose on the reel] on, ect).

Out of ten years of fighting fire I saw 2 rekindles. One was an arson fire that the arsonist went back an hour after we left and lite it back up.

The other was a 1 story frame that some how rekindled and we went back and but it out. Basically just some smoke coming from the char pile. That was the 25th call of that shift and the 3rd structure fire. I was in the shower when the rekindle came in and it was shift change and I was working a double. I was less than thrilled.

Rekindles happen, but not often.

I would guess they would happen more in areas with less firefighting experience. You get a guy at a Beverly Hills firehouse and he may see 5 fires in a 30 year career.

wheelhop 11-10-2020 12:27 AM

Guys,
I wanted to thank everyone who has donated so far to the LoSapio Brothers Ocala house fire on G0-Fund Me or has sent money directly to Johnny LoSapio. A big shout as well goes to the Yenko.net ownership and Doug Perry who sent funds directly to the LoSapios! So far over $5600 has been raised - but they are far short of their $25,000 goal.
Click on link above in post # 36 to help support a great family.

LS6M22410 11-10-2020 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelhop (Post 1521628)
Guys,
I wanted to thank everyone who has donated so far to the LoSapio Brothers Ocala house fire on G0-Fund Me or has sent money directly to Johnny LoSapio. A big shout as well goes to the Yenko.net ownership and Doug Perry who sent funds directly to the LoSapios! So far over $5600 has been raised - but they are far short of their $25,000 goal.
Click on link above in post # 36 to help support a great family.

Thanks a Bunch Jim for your Post... And a Bigger Thanks for all those who reached out to the family with their prayers, support, and donations. It is Amazing to witness the generosity of pure strangers when it comes to a situation like this.. They are Truly Blessed and send their sincere gratitude. Dave