The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   L78/L89 specific Forum (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Black on Black 1967 Camaro L78 124377N212598 (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=168289)

Zman1969 04-04-2024 01:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My son works as maint man at a school and back in 2022 they put on a car show, he took my Z and they had a row of all generations of Camaros and saw this one- first in line at first didn't realize was a SS as the hoods are not that noticeable, but when I got closer a saw the BB Flags took a closer look and Wow a rare treat! I don't know how many of the 375s they made but cool to see. the owner had noticed my 69 and we talked for a while he was from NY and had it a good while - he drove it away before awards were handed out and missed getting his, just thought I'd share

dykstra 04-16-2024 10:16 AM

Any updates Jose?

jbtech 04-27-2024 05:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bruce the original owner to my car, passed away peacefully yesterday evening (4/25) in his sleep after enjoying a nice meal. His health the last few months was in severe decline and he was moved to a nursing home where he was provided hospice care. I've been in contact with his family, his two sons in particular who have been keeping me updated on his health.

I'm thankful for Bruce being willing to talk to me and develop a relationship over the last couple years that resulted in critical documents being reunited to the car as well as his testimony regarding the purchase of the car, and the memories he created with it.

It's unfortunate that he will not see the car in the flesh this summer as planned but I'm also glad he is no longer suffering.

Before he was hospitalized he was looking for photos, his racing diary, and the POP. His sons who have been nothing but supportive, have been following the build on facebook and are aware of items that may still be around within the estate.

Rest in peace Bruce Cremean!

R68GTO 04-27-2024 10:06 AM

Prayers to Bruce's family. The family of one of the prior owners of my old COPO went through a similar path. Owner passed away before he could see the car in person again - just missed the reunion by a few months.
His family was very appreciative of the connection to his old car and we still stay in touch today. I'm guessing your experience will be similar Jose.

Let me know when you plan to make it out to Ohio, would love to see the car!

jbtech 05-19-2024 01:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bruce's son, Todd Cremean, has been going through the estate and collecting photos of the car. Todd has been very supportive and to say I'm looking forward to receiving the photos in the mail is an understatement. This is when the car was brand new. I noticed the antenna which got me thinking maybe it was a dealer added item as it was not on the w/s or sales paperwork.

SuperNovaSS 05-19-2024 05:16 AM

That is awesome. The car looks in the wrapper in that pic. No trim rings even.

Jason

dykstra 05-19-2024 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbtech (Post 1649654)
Bruce's son, Todd Cremean, has been going through the estate and collecting photos of the car. Todd has been very supportive and to say I'm looking forward to receiving the photos in the mail is an understatement. This is when the car was brand new. I noticed the antenna which got me thinking maybe it was a dealer added item as it was not on the w/s or sales paperwork.

Super cool!!:headbang:

iluv69s 05-19-2024 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbtech (Post 1649654)

Some dealers ordered all ‘stock’ cars with no radio. They upcharged later for radio install.

jbtech 05-22-2024 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone know what track this is? or is this a street race? Note original 67 blue and white plate and slicks. I also remember Bruce saying he trimmed the rear wheel wells and you can see the rear wheelhouse trim is not installed.