The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Fred Gibb Chevrolet (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Gibb 68 COPO Nova (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177668)

copo-2 01-05-2024 04:09 PM

Gibb 68 COPO Nova

1 Attachment(s)
In staying with the timeline of my account into the mystery behind the comment the person made of further checking, of yet the unknown history that I knew of, just where could I start?

As before stated, being a member of AHRA, I remembered a Nova that ran in a National meet at KCIR with Fred Gibbs name clearly on the door along with Dick Harrell's name on the back fender. At this time, I also knew of the sponsorship that Fred was giving on the 69 Camaro fuel funny car? However, no thought of the Nova race car Fred Gibb was competing with, had anything that related toward my Nova?

In remembering the Nova, my first contact on the additional history Wes had mentioned, was to Fred Gibb. In talking with him, I started explaining to him the reason for my call. As I mentioned unto him about the 427 Dick Harrell Nova, his voice had a change of tone. He then asked me about what paperwork I had and if I would mail it to him? This was the first call, but "BINGO" it became relevent later on.

copo-2 01-06-2024 05:20 PM

Gibb 68 Nova

At Fred's request, the paperwork was mailed to him upon his giving a current mailing address. Though in the first conversation with him, he didn't disclose much useful information, except his interest?

Zedder 01-06-2024 08:19 PM

Is there a reason why you just don’t get on with it and tell your story?

bergy 01-06-2024 08:58 PM

Engine builder

1 Attachment(s)
Do you know if Wes Jerde is the mechanic who rebuilt your engine?

copo-2 01-06-2024 10:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just wanting to share some documents and things I was able to attain after starting the research on June 2, 1989. Trying to explain the preceding process of the connection to Fred Gibb. With Fred Gibb's record keeping and documents, there was a lot of information that we could learn from, that I hoped could be used & seen by those interested about Fred Gibb and some history about the COPO Novas?

Understand, this is not about me or my car, just trying to walk those who might be interested through the process of learning about the undisclosed information about these 50 Nova's special built for a specific purpose? It seems several owners didn't understand about the historical facts, even those who had purchased the cars from Fred Gibb Chevrolet?

copo-2 01-09-2024 01:02 PM

Gibb 68 Nova

1 Attachment(s)
The second phone call to Fred resulted into his revealing of the vin matching up with the 50.
In this conservation he also used the term COPO.

copo-2 01-10-2024 02:21 PM

Gibb 68 COPO Nova

1 Attachment(s)
A dealers Sheet discloses the information behind the mystery of the assigned COPO option number 9738, with the engine code of E3.

copo-2 01-15-2024 01:30 AM

Gibb 68 COPO Nova

1 Attachment(s)
This document shows why the 50 9738 copo's were built with L-78 automatics

copo-2 01-15-2024 08:10 PM

Fred Gibb COPO Nova

1 Attachment(s)
This is an update on the revised addition to the Turbo dated 7-12-68.

dykstra 01-16-2024 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copo-2 (Post 1642193)
This is an update on the revised addition to the Turbo dated 7-12-68.

Interesting that they used 6 bolts to attach TC to the Flexplate.