The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   When they ban gas cars (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=175892)

Lynn 06-18-2023 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John (Post 1625080)
I know a bunch of people who work for auto companies and EV companies and they don't see us even hitting 50% EV anytime soon.

I met the President of Siemens Energy USA and he shared to me a project they are working on: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/p...etic-gasoline/

From that article: "...Porsche plans to electrify 50% of its new-car offerings by 2025, making use of both battery-electric and plug-in hybrid technology."

I have been touting the plug in hybrid technology for three years. Most working folks (68%) have a commute to work of less than 15 miles. Our commute is 18 miles. We use no gas for our normal commute. We have cut our overall gas usage by 90%.

70 copo 06-18-2023 01:06 PM

They will not ban classic cars outright.

They will just carbon tax you if you don’t agree to permanently disable it.

That’s the plan.

69 Post Sedan 06-18-2023 05:12 PM

Yeah…..I definitely don’t see the ICE going anywhere anytime soon. Especially here in southern Wisconsin where they’re building Kwik Trip gas stations everywhere!!!

Kurt

useless tony 06-19-2023 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickKrook (Post 1625028)
:grin:

But seriously, I read an article about a Canadian city simply rule booked vintage cars off the road, rendering them unable to be re-registered for street use, even as updated resto-mods, citing "safety". Much the same way they are going after gas stoves here in the U.S. These "leaders" have to go.

I must type quickly and quietly ... I know the city you speak of, it's ... wait, I heard something at the door. Shhhhh ....

Ok, as I was sa-AIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH .... thud

GearheadSS 06-19-2023 06:19 PM

They'll try to ban guns before they will successfully ban gas powered cars.

Pro Stock John 06-19-2023 11:49 PM

I'm not a member of the conspiracy club, but I think if any state goes after ICE it will be California. I just don't think it will happen with all the folks who drive trucks and live in rural areas.

70 copo 06-20-2023 05:11 PM

The question that you should ask is what is the bigger plan more importantly why?

America rose to economic preeminence on oil. We got neat things like Muscle cars and the freedom to drive virtually anyplace we can afford to go

China has no oil. What China has however is rare earth minerals.

"Cui bono" means "who benefits?" If you are in line with Agenda 2030 then you are all for this transition.

Proud to say that I am not and for all the accurate reasons. Stossel is instructive:

300deluxe 06-21-2023 02:43 AM

Agenda 2030 is 100% real...they want us jammed all together in big cities...ever hear of "15 minute cities" This stuff is not conspiracy at all, its their plan. Be aware! Remember WEF's Claus Schwab said "You will own NOTHING and be happy". They are buying up all the land, guess who owns billions of acres of land?...THe Royal Family....GUess who owns the most farmland in the U.S. , its Bill Gates... They are using their monopoly printed fake money to buy up all the land. Own the land, control the food, rule the world.

Lee Stewart 06-21-2023 09:14 AM

Bill Ford, on electric cars: Not because we have the infrastructure, not because they are unaffordable to the majority, not because there is a demand for them, not because there are no plans to make 10-20k priced cars, but because the Chinese will dominate the market if we don't.

70 copo 06-21-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Stewart (Post 1625288)
Bill Ford, on electric cars: Not because we have the infrastructure, not because they are unaffordable to the majority, not because there is a demand for them, not because there are no plans to make 10-20k priced cars, but because the Chinese will dominate the market if we don't.

Ford is correct if someone is going to force you to buy something. You see we do not have the infrastructure as we are currently configured. The average home has 100 amp service.

THATS why they want you in a 15 minute city. Because you will ride share and use mass transit.