The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Ebay & other seen ads section (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   '66 Trophy Blue Corvette Convertible, Bloomington Gold Benchmark (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=170710)

RSSSfan 02-09-2022 02:49 PM

A very good friend of mine bought a 66 convertible 390 horse big block car that has identical colors. He found it at an estate sale, and it had not run in over 25 years, and overall condition was a little rougher than this one, but it's original paint and the interior is in very nice shape. I helped him get the motor running - he had to pull the heads to get a valve job because one of the valved had seized in the guide, but we have it running quite nicely now. He is going to wheel out the paint and drive it as an unrestored survivor this summer. Pretty nice find. He has documented his progress on one of the midyear Corvette FB groups.

MosportGreen66 02-09-2022 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cook_dw (Post 1581851)
Fake w/s and a repaint should be disclosed.. I’m really surprised at several of the Vette guys on this forum haven’t spoken up? Why?

I've watched you stir the pot on a number of threads recently and you've bothered a number of great members. Take a deep breath and acknowledge that we're talking about a 300hp baseline car with almost no options. Al Grenning signed off on the pad and clearly the tags are original which is how it got the accolades it did. Blame the selling dealer?

What you don't know - BG will deduct points if a car is shown without a window sticker. This means cars will be awarded full points even for showing the car with a reproduction WS. Wild huh. I personally believe that is what happened here.

Dan

cook_dw 02-09-2022 06:45 PM

Stirring the pot on acknowledging issues? Come on now. Come down off that high horse for a minute. There are countless posts of people calling out issues on cars. I make a few statements and I’m the bad guy here? I never said anything about the pad or the tags. I never called out anyone in this thread outside of what I’ve seen from the ad. Unless me asking why any of the vette guys hadn’t spoken up which was a question not a call out. Idk who made the fake docs nor do I care. Just pointing out things I see as bogus and would hope someone would do the same if I was looking at a car. I wouldn’t care if it was a 300hp car, a L78 Camaro or a 6cyl Nova. Things like this need to be discussed so everyone can learn. If what I have said has gotten under anyones skin then feel free to pm me. I’ll gladly have a discussion.

TimG 02-09-2022 07:27 PM

Documents were done for BG as per BG requirements. This is from the owner of the car at that time. You are correct, Dan.

olredalert 02-09-2022 08:41 PM

----I'm a "Corvette Guy"!.....Bill S

scuncio 02-11-2022 02:21 AM

Relisted for $85,900 in the link below:

Link to 1966 Corvette Benchmark auction

cook_dw 02-14-2022 10:23 PM

Since I know nothing about BG or NCRS.. Since they (or just BG) require a window sticker do they require the doc to be aged as well?? Not trying to start anything or stir any pots as I know in the Camaro world this is done to deceive..

luzl78 02-14-2022 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cook_dw (Post 1582500)
Since I know nothing about BG or NCRS.. Since they (or just BG) require a window sticker do they require the doc to be aged as well?? Not trying to start anything or stir any pots as I know in the Camaro world this is done to deceive..

They elected to put big poppi Ortiz in the baseball hall hall of fame but left out all the other phd users. Corvette judging is ok to have restamped engines . Is it ok with Camaro/ chevelle judging?

cook_dw 02-14-2022 11:31 PM

Good question. I have not looked over the newly released judging guide for 69 Camaro’s. I sure hope they would not be ok with it.

napa68 02-15-2022 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cook_dw (Post 1582500)
Since I know nothing about BG or NCRS.. Since they (or just BG) require a window sticker do they require the doc to be aged as well??

No they don't. It's required to reflect the day of brand new and the car in it's most pure state as it pertains to originality. It's been around forever. One must also keep in mind the declarations as it pertains to an original or replacement engine by the owner.

There is more to it than being discussed here. IMO, this dog has been beat