The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Preservation forum (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   '67 Chevelle Concours wagon, bring it back to life (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=170546)

60sStuff 12-28-2022 12:03 PM

Details, Details, Details

1 Attachment(s)
Bill W,

I saved this “key” photo of the minor differences in the aluminum grills.

Great examples for the Chevelle enthusiasts to take note on.

I really appreciate your details on the cars you love.
I share the exact same when it comes to the early GTO.

>>OEM<<

60sStuff 09-02-2023 10:07 PM

It’s been awhile

6 Attachment(s)
Bill,

I’m doing a bump to this awesome thread of yours as it deserves it, plus I was thinking of your wagon when I saw this very low mile 1964 Oldsmobile wagon.

What caught my eye on this ‘64 Olds, besides the incredible condition is the “ventshades”.
I’ve always liked these vintage ventshades and they are offered in the Pontiac assessories catalog.

Pictured below is the dealer installed offering from the 1966 Pontiac catalog.

Also a few photos of the pristine ‘64 Olds wagon.

Chris.

olredalert 09-03-2023 03:25 PM

----My neighbor at our old house had a flatroof like this with 7000 original miles. Every bit as nice as this, but a dark green with green inside. I know he sold it, but don't know where it went.....Bill S

67since67 09-03-2023 03:54 PM

That Olds wagon is really cool Chris, thanks for posting!! The long body side trim reminds me of the Concours upper trim, especially where it curves down at the front, love it! I wish my cargo mat were that nice. - Bill W

67since67 09-03-2023 11:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Speaking of long roof Oldsmobiles, this was at a local show today.

67since67 09-03-2023 11:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Also this Ranch Wagon. 7,300 miles. Owner plans a Coyote/6 speed swap soon.

Bill Pritchard 09-04-2023 04:21 AM

Love the Hurst/Olds emblem on the tailgate of the blue 61 Olds wagon :)

augy 09-06-2023 02:43 PM

Wow Bill! Beautiful! I've neglected checking in the Yenko forums for a couple years now. No excuse. Since you called me on Sunday just to visit and then telling me about this project, I finally logged on and went through all 22 pages in one sitting. Kudos to you for doing this whole preservation on the wagon and taking pics all along the way. Beautiful job! One suggestion: I'd like to see pics of the completed interior. Seats, door panels, etc. You do have pics of the restored dash, but to see everything as a whole would be GREAT! BTW, I came about THIS close (fingers about 1/2" apart) to buying a really nice '67 wagon out of Albuquerque, NM a couple years ago. 283/3 speed, white with blue interior. It was on eBay and I got outbid at the last second....:mad2:

67since67 09-08-2023 04:22 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Thanks Steve (Augy)!! Great to see you back here.

Had the Concours out for cruise night, so grabbed some interior pix for you. Steve built the front seat cover for me using vinyl yardage from Legendary and incorporating the original heat pressed seat back panel. Legendary doesn't offer a cover for a non-split bench.

This interior is totally original except for the front seat cover, painting the steering wheel, and restoring the original dash pad. The original carpet, door panels and headliner were in excellent condition. - Bill W

PeteLeathersac 09-10-2023 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)

L:eek2:ve the Wagons, awesome stuff!
:beers:
~ Pete