The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   1966 Yenko Stinger for sale (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71352)

69rsss350 10-10-2002 02:13 AM

Re: 1966 Yenko Stinger for sale *DELETED*

Post deleted by 69rsss350

Stefano 10-10-2002 02:15 AM

Re: 1966 Yenko Stinger for sale

Frank,
I am kick'in with a Fuente 858 trying to blow some more somke up some so called dealer @$$ who doen't understand the auction process. But it is his rating, I am certain no one else rated it, and he wants to take the rating and go home. If I could accommodate ,I would.

Since I paid too much maybe I'll be stuck with it for a long time [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Sixtiesmuscle is your offer still good [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I did put a little over 100 miles on the Stinger so far and I really like it I would say that It could probably out auto cross my C5 on a tight course.

I read an old letter from Stearling Moss to Don Yenko about how well the Stinger faired as a Sports car.

Lets get back to the positive stuff.

Stefano 10-10-2002 02:27 AM

I would think the acid test could be who was responsible for the warranty. Don did what he had to do out of necessity and was able to make a significant impact on one of the largest and most powerfull Corporations of the era.

I would speculate that if Don could have arranged GM to provide the cars as he wanted then he wouldn't have even ventured into some of the areas he did. But he did and it is an awesome history even to non enthusiasts such as myself [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

shor 10-10-2002 02:47 AM

69 Rss350, I have edited out your name from my previous post.
I do not need your address, phone number or kids names as you have offered above.
What about your wife? What is her name?

shor 10-10-2002 02:55 AM

69 rs, are you having fun with this? I am...If you are taking this seriously and it is bothering you( i hope not)let me know and I will delete out my posts.
The last thing I want is to not have a friend at next years reunion

sYc 10-10-2002 03:18 AM

I hate to bring it up, but because of the number of cars Yenko had produced/sold, the federal goverment (EPA) considered Yenko a manufacturer. That is why he was unable to sell his Vegas with his turbo kit. He was told that he would have to comply to the same rules as Ford, Chevy, etc and run the required 50,000 mile test. Following numerous discussions, threats, begging, etc, Don finally gave up and shelved the project. The paperwork related to this makes for some interesting reading. Joel Rosen ceased producing his awesome cars (at least for sale in the US) for the same reason. I believe Joel is quoted as saying that the fine was $10,000 for every infraction. Tom

Jeff H 10-10-2002 03:25 AM

Geez, I get back from the bar and there's 3 more pages to this post. IMO the Yenko Stinger is an sYc created car due to major alterations(like the Shelby's), but the 69 Yenko Camaro is really a COPO(which Don helped create within GM) with a stripe package and a 450hp decal instead of the 425hp decal. The thing that made the Yenko Camaro such a collectible and valuable car is the fact that it was a 427 from the factory and the list of VIN's was known. If there's only 22-25 Douglas Yenko's out there, it's not worth all this arguing if we know the VIN's of the Douglas cars. Now that the Yenko Camaros aren't really worth anything anymore since we can't agree on what a real Yenko is, who wants to sell me one for $10,000? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

69rsss350 10-10-2002 03:25 AM

Shor, it's all good. I have had alot of fun with not only this thread but this whole site. As you can probably tell, I am pretty passionate with my opinions. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Stefano, I do understand the auction process and I do understand your points and I definetly believe in the "what the market will bear" concept. In fact that is how I make my living. Do, I think a Cannonsberg Yenko should have a premium value above your car. The answer is that I truly don't know but if I did, I would think it would be a small percentage if any. It just doesn't matter. I can only assume that since the car is for sale, you are selling it because you want to make a profit (I don't think it is because you need the money) and I believe you are entitled to that profit. After all (and I know this very well) a car is only worth what somebody is willing to write a check for and by the same token, if somebody is willing to pay a price than that is what the car is worth. Could be worth more or less to someone else. Bottom line, I wish I was the owner of your car. Or Charley's red/black 68 RS Yenko or yours Shor. Marlin, I'd love to have that Gobi beige Yenko deuce, Rob, your Chevelle, etc.

YenkoYS100 10-10-2002 03:48 AM

Alot of great info. in this thread. Good luck on your auctions. Don't let the Corvette crowd hear you say that about a Stinger. Mine was beating Vettes on hillclimbs in the late '60's & early '70's (many FTD's).:D I hope this thread and your auction gets the Stingers their deserved recognition.

Be A Swinger in a Stinger!
-----------
Rick

Stefano 10-10-2002 03:49 AM

Tom, that is is great info and I don't want to wait for your book to get more of it. Thanks for sharing that significant info.