The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Mopar (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   1971 Hemi Cuda (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177794)

Big Block Bill 01-23-2024 08:50 PM

I LOVE Real paperwork from back in the day. Especially High Performance cars for the late 60''s and early 70's Thanks for sharing. Bill

bergy 01-23-2024 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
IMO - the billboards enhance the look of that car tremendously. My hemi challenger came from the factory with the white bumble bee stripe which I like much better than the more common longitudinal stripe. I feel like the 71 billboard is the best though.

Jimlt4383 01-24-2024 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bergy (Post 1642722)
IMO - the billboards enhance the look of that car tremendously. My hemi challenger came from the factory with the white bumble bee stripe which I like much better than the more common longitudinal stripe. I feel like the 71 billboard is the best though.

And I thought you were a diehard chevy man! Lol I think there are a few closet mopar guys on here. That's a awesome hemi. Thanks for sharing.

Tracker1 01-24-2024 01:16 AM

I would ask about the main fender tag - and the question I would ask is if the original is in a safe place(?). Many Hemicuda owners get a reproduction done and put the original in a safe place. I'm gonna stick my neck out and say it has the extra crispy look of a re-pop, but it reflects the broadcast sheet properly, so all the options on there are legit.

njsteve 01-27-2024 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker1 (Post 1642730)
I would ask about the main fender tag - and the question I would ask is if the original is in a safe place(?). Many Hemicuda owners get a reproduction done and put the original in a safe place. I'm gonna stick my neck out and say it has the extra crispy look of a re-pop, but it reflects the broadcast sheet properly, so all the options on there are legit.

I concur with your assessment of that main, first tag.

cudino 02-08-2024 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njsteve (Post 1642920)
I concur with your assessment of that main, first tag.

Sorry for jumping in late. To my knowledge this is a very nice car, with 2 broadcast sheets, Advanced Shipping Notice paperwork, and more. I believe it also retains its factory original drivetrain. The first tag is indeed a repop as you guys spotted, but the original/worn first tag was also included in the sale. The white billboards were added, but otherwise it was restored to its factory original specs. One of only two ‘71 Hemicudas known to exist in purple-on-white.

- Wade

Wakepowell 02-08-2024 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cudino (Post 1643678)
Sorry for jumping in late. To my knowledge this is a very nice car, with 2 broadcast sheets, Advanced Shipping Notice paperwork, and more. I believe it also retains its factory original drivetrain. The first tag is indeed a repop as you guys spotted, but the original/worn first tag was also included in the sale. The white billboards were added, but otherwise it was restored to its factory original specs. One of only two ‘71 Hemicudas known to exist in purple-on-white.

- Wade

Thanks Wade. Everything you stated is what I was able to gather before it crossed the block. I would have loved to own it, I had to put my hand down once it crossed the $450k mark.

The older restoration has held up well.