The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Burning question for Tim S. (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=176771)

BJCHEV396 09-21-2023 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69M22Z (Post 1632201)
Nice!!

X2!!

Big Block Bill 09-21-2023 01:08 PM

But it's a Ford? Bill

67since67 09-21-2023 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Block Bill (Post 1632422)
But it's a Ford? Bill

LOL Bill...Before posting that I actually had it written up, "For you consideration, but on a Chevy/GMC chassis of course", but then curtailed the wording.
Some Chevy guys would prefer an F-350/450 chassis, this one was transporting a '67 L88 Corvette IIRC. Bill W :beers:

Too Many Projects 09-21-2023 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Block Bill (Post 1632422)
But it's a Ford? Bill

AND a very expensive "trailer" for a limited use vehicle.

Big Block Bill 09-21-2023 09:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 67since67 (Post 1632423)
LOL Bill...Before posting that I actually had it written up, "For you consideration, but on a Chevy/GMC chassis of course", but then curtailed the wording.
Some Chevy guys would prefer an F-350/450 chassis, this one was transporting a '67 L88 Corvette IIRC. Bill W :beers:

Think Hard about a Ford PowerStroke. This is (a 2008 with a 6.4 with 72,000 miles) our 4th cab off repair on a PowerStroke in the last (2) months, and I still have a 2015 F-350 4X4 with 6.7 pickup with 95,000 miles and a 6.7 out back waiting to come in for a Turbo and all (8) injectors which will be another Cab Off repair. A person has to have deep pockets to own a Ford PowerStroke anything, but I'm NOT complaining. Bill

napa68 09-21-2023 09:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Something like this Sundowner Xtra is what I have been contemplating. In white of course, so it matches my truck:headbang:.I like the idea of a gooseneck, as the weight is distributed in a much better place in the truck. As I understand it, it is much more stable in a crosswind (or when semi's pass you). Admittedly, I have not driven a gooseneck myself.

With 28-30ft on the floor, I can pull a car forward far enough to get out of it, and just roll it back to tie it down. I originally was thinking about a side door, but fear it takes too much structure out of the trailer. As we know, trailers take a POUNDING.

As I see it, the Sundowner has thicker aluminum than the ATC (both in the walls and roof). I also like how far the front nose of the Sundowner is V'd. It would give me more room between the trailer nose and the cab of the truck when turning.

So, I'll take the opportunity to ask this. Do any of you have experience with a Sundowner? Might there be a suggestion I should be contemplating? I am incorrect in any of my thoughts? We know these things are not cheap, and I hate doing things twice (unless I am buying back a killer car:naughty:)

Too Many Projects 09-21-2023 10:43 PM

With the extra strength of the extruded sides, I wouldn't be afraid to add an escape door. I'm sure the design has been engineered to account for the opening and those sides almost make the trailer a unibody with the frame. Looks like a heck of a trailer, but the website seems to be lacking a lot of detail, especially available options. The first option I would ask about is self leveling air ride. That alone will reduce the stress on the rest of the trailer, and your cargo, immensely. It could include an onboard, electric, compressor with a dump valve to lower the floor for loading/unloading.
The low-pro is interesting too, but it doesn't seem to include the car hauler. Too bad, as it would help with wind resistance and sway.
Yes, I believe you will like the increased stability of a 5th wheel attachment over the bumper pull.

Copo_Cartel 09-21-2023 11:07 PM

Damn it …..quit it guys. Lol. Now I want a new trailer.

napa68 09-21-2023 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copo_Cartel (Post 1632460)
Damn it …..quit it guys. Lol. Now I want a new trailer.

There we have it, the SYC group trailer buy. Who else is in?:youguysrock:

Copo_Cartel 09-21-2023 11:53 PM

Absolutely now we need a trailer sponsor for the site