The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Thankyou Warren Malkin, Mark Malkin and Chris White. JL8 Z28 (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=174662)

Kurt S 02-12-2023 03:44 AM

I saw several people walk by it at MCACN cause they thought it was repainted - the paint is that nice.
Congrats!

napa68 02-12-2023 10:22 AM

That is impressive! Thanks for sharing Charley.....glad to see it in your hands :headbang:

William 02-12-2023 12:27 PM

Warren's car had a brother; N651702 Fathom Green JL8 from the same dealer. Consecutive body #s.

bashton 02-12-2023 01:17 PM

Truly outstanding car....Congrats!

Was such an honor to have Mr. Malkin with us when he showed it. Some of you know the Vintage team honor him with a very special Memorial Award at MCACN annually.

Bashton

dykstra 02-12-2023 02:22 PM

Awesome car! Congrats Charley!

WorkinProgress2 02-12-2023 02:23 PM

As Warren's brother, Mark Malkin I can't think of a better time to make my first post to the group. Warren asked me to join and actually wanted me to take over his user name, but told him it wasn't right, hence mine of WorkinProgress2. The overwhelming support from his friends has been amazing and I would be remiss if I didn't specifically thank, Chris White, Tommy White, Robert Lodewyk and Bob Martin. I would like to thank Steve Shauger for honoring Warren with the annual recognition award given at MCACN. I am glad he was finally able to show the car which he did at MCACN in 2019. Having Charley Lillard as the next caretaker of the car would make him pleased and I thank him for doing that. I am sure I will reaching out to the group as I get more involved in trying to finish what Warren started with some of his other projects.

olredalert 02-12-2023 03:10 PM

----Charley will be a great caretaker for Warrens pride and joy. Congratulations, Charley!

X66 714 02-12-2023 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorkinProgress2 (Post 1614566)
As Warren's brother, Mark Malkin I can't think of a better time to make my first post to the group. Warren asked me to join and actually wanted me to take over his user name, but told him it wasn't right, hence mine of WorkinProgress2. The overwhelming support from his friends has been amazing and I would be remiss if I didn't specifically thank, Chris White, Tommy White, Robert Lodewyk and Bob Martin. I would like to thank Steve Shauger for honoring Warren with the annual recognition award given at MCACN. I am glad he was finally able to show the car which he did at MCACN in 2019. Having Charley Lillard as the next caretaker of the car would make him pleased and I thank him for doing that. I am sure I will reaching out to the group as I get more involved in trying to finish what Warren started with some of his other projects.

Welcome Mark. We're happy to see you here......Joe

67since67 02-12-2023 03:32 PM

Charley, did you get the Schukei Chevrolet dealer badge with the car? I presented it to Warren at MCACN '19 after he had reached out to me looking for info on the correct badge. (I was in the Service Dept at Schukei in that time period). - Bill W

copo69 02-12-2023 04:41 PM

Mark, welcome, good to see car is going to a good home. Miss Warren all the time as he was truly an encyclopedia.