The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   1966 Yenko Stinger for sale (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71352)

Stefano 10-09-2002 12:49 AM

Re: 1966 Yenko Stinger for sale

Troy,
You post has brought tears to my eyes. I will change my estate trust document and give you first right of refusal on the purchase of any Douglass Car I may have at the time [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Belair62 10-09-2002 01:22 AM

Find me a Dusk blue one and you can call it whatever the hell you want !!!! My Chevelle is a very rare COPO Lillard Yenko.

1969 California built Chevelle COPO*/Lillard*/Yenko*/

Chevy454 10-09-2002 01:40 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>
Tom,
What makes you think I still won't have my Dover White Douglass COPO*Yenko to bring to the reunion?

<hr></blockquote>

Not to be nosey, but how come you didn't bring it with you to Collinsville this year?

Mr70 10-09-2002 01:51 AM

Stefano
Ater reading all that has been written here about this subject,I think it is safe to say that the Douglass COPO/Yenko Camaros....Have earned thier Stripes,Literally!

To say"if Jack Douglass didn't find those Shipper labels with the COPO numbers on them,none of this would have ever happened",<font color="red">IS A GROSS UNDERSTATEMENT!</font color>

Now is it possible to find out which cars were the ones that Jack actually found the shippers in that started this whole mess? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Were their Douglass COPO/Yenko Chevelles that were included in this as well?

mr gasser 10-09-2002 01:57 AM

Marlin then I want my duece to be a hurst performance yenko from MarveMinneman only one came with hurst wheels......................... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Stefano 10-09-2002 03:18 AM

Tom,
I don't think you are being nosey but I thought I explained as I had to many others.

It was a case were I had loaned my trailer to a good freind and neighbor as well as site member to store one of his cars as he expands his garage.

Due to circumstances beyond his control. I was not able to get my trailer back (plan A). The one I lined up was three car open and the weather was very bad (plan b).

Next, I had one more shot at getting another one which was a long 30 footer and parked in the middle of a tight circle drive. When we went to hook the truck to the trailer I would have had to drive accross some very wet and expensive landscaping. The weather was still bad and no sway bars on the trailer. I never tow without one. That was (plan C)

So we left empty handed with the thought that someone else could bring it down Saturday for the cruise and that plan failed as well. I was still happy to be there even without the car.

Charley Lillard 10-09-2002 03:55 AM

Now I get it..Stefano has no car.. This is all just a very long Joke. Ever notice that you never see Stefano and Marlin at the same time ? Hmmmmm....

69rsss350 10-09-2002 05:12 AM

Stefano, if it will truly take more than Canonsburg $$$,$$$ for you to part with your car, why are you auctioning it? Seems like a waste of time, unless you truly are getting that appearance fee of free beer or $$$$. Maybe there will be someone there that hasn't read this thread and thinks the bastard child really is a legitimate heir. When I send a car to an auction, I send it to sell and I attend two auctions a week. Good luck, hey, maybe Charlie Sheen or Mr. October will be there. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

JoeC 10-09-2002 11:18 AM

I looked up the Mecum Auction Lot # 309 and almost split my coffee on my keyboard! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] The picture shows a white Camaro with hockey stick stripes. Here is the ad.........
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Yenko
1 of 2 white Yenkos.
This car was sold new at Jack Douglas Chevrolet in Chicago. Recently the C.O.P.O Yenko Registry has accepted the Douglas Cars to be true Yenkos.
All this posting about Yenko stripes and the car doesn't even have Yenko stripes on it? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Who is the "C.O.P.O Yenko Registry" ? Is Mecum talking about ED C. or Tom C.? I thought Tom C. said he does not think of this car as a "true Yenko" as the ad states. Does Ed C. say that Yenko made white Yenko Camaros? Yenko only used 6 colors and white was not one of them.
This looks like false advertising to me.

MikeA 10-09-2002 11:50 AM

Just when you thought it was over.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]