The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   OneStopRestoration's Special Orange 69 Chevelle 300 Deluxe Coupe (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=176256)

Ryan1969Chevelle 03-12-2024 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneStopRestoration (Post 1645883)
Well Scratch my earlier question on this. Just as an update. I decided it would compliment the L89 to go with a set of 4.56 grears when i get to assembling the rear end. Managed to find a real nice guy on facebook that sent me a carrier that had some damage in the pinion shaft area. Sent me a second housing.

Its nice to see some folks out there have some high levels of integrety in spite of what you see in the news or online.

Great restoration!!!

This car will be perfect for PSMCDR!!! Have you considered bringing it out to race? (More fun than a basket full of puppies)

What trans did this 300 have new? What trans are you installing?

Ryan W31

OneStopRestoration 03-13-2024 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan1969Chevelle (Post 1645907)
Great restoration!!!

This car will be perfect for PSMCDR!!! Have you considered bringing it out to race? (More fun than a basket full of puppies)

What trans did this 300 have new? What trans are you installing?

Ryan W31

Thankyou. I have cars I drive and I have cars I dont. After you spend about 3 years and 1500 plus hours on a restoration like this Im not able to bring myself to even take it down the road. As i work through this particular car its just so clean, it just reinforces the idea of not even risking a rock chip.

Im not sure what the car had for original transmission but kinda assumed it was an M20. When I went digging into my parts I found a very complete orignal Jan date 69 M21, so thats what its getting along with everything else.

Ryan1969Chevelle 03-13-2024 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneStopRestoration (Post 1645951)
Thankyou. I have cars I drive and I have cars I dont. After you spend about 3 years and 1500 plus hours on a restoration like this Im not able to bring myself to even take it down the road. As i work through this particular car its just so clean, it just reinforces the idea of not even risking a rock chip.

Im not sure what the car had for original transmission but kinda assumed it was an M20. When I went digging into my parts I found a very complete orignal Jan date 69 M21, so thats what its getting along with everything else.

I get it.

L89, M21, 4.56 perfect combo!!!

Ryan W31

chevyman0429 04-07-2024 08:53 AM

Anything new ?

OneStopRestoration 04-26-2024 02:38 AM

Odds and Ends

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyman0429 (Post 1647510)
Anything new ?

Nothing really too exciting. Alot of prep work for the different resto process. Cleaned bucket full of hardware readied for plating. Pile of Chrome to be stripped, and the always touch and go pressed out the water pump bearings to accept a new rebuild kit.

OneStopRestoration 04-26-2024 02:39 AM

Hard Work

1 Attachment(s)
My time is also being spent sanding and filling pits, removing sharp edges, weld spatter............etc. After I get off work I only get a few hours a night. I make most of my progress on the weekends.

OneStopRestoration 05-12-2024 02:02 PM

Nice weekend for Painting

2 Attachment(s)
Frame was really easy to work on, sanded twice, and 95% of the light pitting is gone. The nicest frame I have ever worked on. Beautiful morning for some bug and wind free painting.

Moved it to the finish room/paint booth.

OneStopRestoration 05-27-2024 07:53 PM

Control Arm Bushings

5 Attachment(s)
Once i have all the chassis parts smoothed out with no rust pits, its time to press back in the bushings. Ive made some simple tooling over years to help. I use the press as much as possible with the except of the rear end, where they have to be pulled into place.

scuncio 05-27-2024 08:06 PM

Love this thread, good inspiration for my own builds!

OneStopRestoration 05-27-2024 09:13 PM

Seat Tracks and Springs

2 Attachment(s)
Amongst some of the smaller items to redo i blasted, cleared, and painted the seat tracks. Ive seen variations on if the full foot track is fully black, ends black and in a few instances no black. Regardless of how it came, i dont wanna see my feet once installed. The springs got some color because i get tired of everything being natural finish.