The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   1966 Yenko Stinger for sale (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71352)

COPO 10-08-2002 11:50 AM

Re: 1966 Yenko Stinger for sale

Stefano, you sure you're not a lawyer?? You lay out an excellent case, Johnny Cochran look out! Time will tell what the market thinks of this issue. One of the best threads ever on the site IMO. Great discussion and good points on each side [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

JoeC 10-08-2002 12:43 PM

Johnny Cochran would say "If the vin list don't fit - you must acquit" [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
I say "If Don didn't make it - you can't fake it" [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY 10-08-2002 01:03 PM

Stefano;
Show me the paperwork!! The estate document doesn't even remotely lay out an agreement (ie; contract, meeting of the minds) between Don and Jack. I don't understand the significance of your statement: "Don allowed Jack to advertise and represent Yenko cars" ?? How is that arrangement any different compared to the other 115 dealers in the network? All of the dealers were advertising and represent'n Yenko cars. All of this stuff is just heresay, and one of the parties is no longer here to tell us the other side. Yenko cars are on the inventory sheets, and that's a fact - Jack [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Frank, as for a member possibly having this discussion impact the sale of his car, I think it helps it! The Douglas COPO's have never gotten this much attention from this many people before, most people have never heard about the controversy. Like other guys say, let the market decide the value, not us. Personally, I thought the car up for auction was Mecum's, I didn't know it was Stefano's until he referenced it in a prior post. Somebody will probably bid it up and buy it just to enjoy the extra mystique [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

69rsss350 10-08-2002 03:02 PM

Do you have to be present to bid, if not send info on how I can register please. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Stefano 10-08-2002 04:13 PM

Proxy Bids are accepted with prior approval from the auction along with a Bank Letter of Gaurantee. You can go to the web site and request the info you seek.
www.mecumauction.com

COPO,
Was that an insult? You certainly qualify for Politician of the month with your last post [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Marlin and JoeC,
If you ever happen to be misfortunate enough to acquire one of the 22 Douglass Sold Yenkos, please call me first as I will be more than happy to purchase the car at a substantial discount to the Cannonsberg Yenkos, No B.S.

Dana does not own the other Dover White Douglass Yenko, it belongs to Gary Liko, in Florida and was restored to the original Yenko Stripe and Badge configuration by Milt Robson,(Thanks Milt). It also maintains the distinction of having been featured as a Yenko in Several Publications
(Just stating the facts guys)and carries the very next sequential Body Number to My Car.

The black and White Contrast is stunning in person, IMO.

BTW, Why did Don Build Yenko Chevelles in Dover White?

NWYENKO 10-08-2002 05:06 PM

Is there an inventory of the other 20 Douglass cars denoting colors and transmissions?? What about other options on those cars? Did they all have chambered exhaust? I do have to agree with Marlin that if the cars don't glow in the dark from being parked on the contaminated lot behind Don's dealership, they are not Yenkos. This is not to take anything away from the Douglass cars as I think they are very unique especially after what I have learned following this thread. I think this entire discussion should have a positive impact on the value of those cars!! Just my $.02 worth Jim [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Stefano 10-08-2002 06:04 PM

Jim,
What we have first and foremost is the Cars themselves as I have previously mentioned and this seems to be overlooked. Where did Don Yenko get the info. to quote the 22 Figure?

The only trans options were M40/Console and M21 close ratio.

All were X11 D80 Endura Bumper.

All were 9561 and 9737 w/factory tac and 140 Speedo.

At least most were to have been Chambered exhaust.

Radio equipment went from radio delete to AM/FM stereo.

All were to have the aux. lighting package.

Some, Power Steering.

Some, Rosewood Wheel

Some, Vinyl Top

Tinted Glass

None with RS.

Any period /correct Wheel Tire combo. was available for installation prior to delivery.

All standard 711 trim black interior.

2 White
1 Black for certain but probably 2
2 Red
2 Gold
2 Fathom Green
4 Daytona Yellow
2 Hugger Orange (4 total possible)
2 Lemans Blue
2 Dusk Blue
2 Silver
2 Rally Green

Jack has always stated 25 total while Don Yenko's number is 22 Jack Douglass Ordered Yenkos.

For many years I had heard but have never seen the proported extra Yenko Sheet with 20 to 25 additional Yenkos on it.

This story is Urban Legend and was routinely discussed at some of the local shows amungst the Super Car knowledgeable, but no I never seen it, nor have any confirmation that it even exists.

NWYENKO 10-08-2002 06:19 PM

Thanks Stephano, How many are accounted for? Do you know of the survival of the silver ones?? What an awesome combination that would be!! Man, can you imagine showing up at a show with one of the other colors?? I almost got into it with a guy that told me that the Deuce was not real since it was a small block and was not green according to "the guy with the Handlebar mustache on TV". Great story about very unique cars and I think very desirable, however as I said IMHO still not "Yenkos". Seams like a subject that some of us will have to agree to disagree. Great topic. Look at the productive manhours lost. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Jim

COPO 10-08-2002 06:28 PM

Stefano, no insult, in fact, a compliment. Now your politician crack on the other hand........ [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY 10-08-2002 06:39 PM

Stefano;
If I ever happen to own a Douglas COPO car, you will get the first call - but the price will be higher than Brian's Yenko [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Just because Don quoted 22 cars doesn't mean that he had a contract with Douglas. It could mean that he sold Douglas 22 sets of stripes, it could mean anything - the only thing it tells me is that there was no 'meeting of the minds' if there is a difference in the amount of cars that each person says was sold under this proposed agreement; 22 vs. 25. If Don references the 22 cars, why didn't he refer (in writing) to the price paid for these stripes, or the other particulars (in writing) about the proposed agreement?

I agree to disagree, I don't want to beat a dead horse. My only point is that there is too little info to conclude that there was any formal contract between Don and Jack to create authentic copies of THE Yenko Camaro.

I hope your car does well at the auction,